Message from the Universe

DID YOU RECEIVE A MESSAGE FROM THE UNIVERSE?

Please share your feedback, comments, or thoughts by clicking HERE


Thursday, September 28, 2017

One Month Of Living and Traveling In My Casita Camper




It's been exactly one month since I moved into my little Casita camper in the driveway... it feels like lifetimes ago. It's hard to believe that so much can happen in such a short period of time. 

Wifi is a rare commodity out in the campgrounds and remote areas I've been staying. Right now I am at a sweet little country market in Hasty, Colorado on the SE plains as I compose my first blog post on the road. I'm feeling welcome and right at home as I share space with the kind local people. :) 

My current parking spot at John Martin Reservoir State Park

I am having many amazing experiences as I venture out in fits and starts on this journey... first to the NE plains where I battled mosquitoes until I was driven out and back in the direction of Denver.  Then taking one more pass through town as I said goodbye again to family and friends, and dropped off some excess cargo that was unneeded and weighing me down.

One of the best things I did was trade in all my heavy old camera equipment and buy myself a new-fangled fancy mirrorless camera that is super small, lightweight and can do amazing things!! I cannot express how excited I am to be taking real pictures again with a real camera that is capable of doing things an iPhone camera simply cannot do.

It's an Olympus OM-D E-M10 mark ii with a Tamrom 14-150 zoom lens

So much has happened... so I will try and share some of the awarenesses that have revealed themselves to me during this last month. 

Me and my house!



What Have I learned?

  • I have learned that when I follow flow and guidance, I can accomplish anything, and that things always turn out okay and usually way better than my fear was imagining.
  • Living and traveling with no agenda is different than being on vacation everyday, but even more amazing since I don't have to get anywhere within a certain period of time.

Urban camping at a friend's house

  • Even though I'm still getting used to the concept of needing to find a place to park every day, I love having my house with me everywhere I go!
  • I adore my cute little camper and I can't imagine having anything more perfect for my needs. 

My bed is the coziest bed I have EVER slept in!!!

  • When I'm not feeling well, it's okay to rest, take it easy and not DO anything. <3 
  • Whatever this is all costing me is SOO worth it! lol (although I am trying to be very conscientious about my spending)
  • I'm not really getting lonely and I enjoy my solitude... but social media helps me feel connected and never alone. And I so appreciate my wonderful friends who reach out with texts and phone calls to say hello and check on me!
  • I love experiencing wildlife in it's natural habitat! It makes me a little giddy and full of awe and gratitude.

The deer have been fairly tame and mostly friendly.

My most exciting wildlife encounter!

  • There are always nice and friendly people in the world. <3 
  • I feel so snugly and safe in my camper... I have not had one moment of being afraid! 
  • I'm getting super good at backing up my trailer!!


Following the road unknown and discovering my fortitude

  • I love being in new places all the time... I'm cultivating the sense of when to stay and when to go. 
  • I like State Parks for camping... and although I've done without, I'm getting spoiled having electricity! 
  • I'm doing about as well as I imagined I would.... and am excited to see what's next  :)))

Bye for now!!! 


Oh, by the way... my blog posts are quite random and far between, but I post almost every day on my Facebook group page. So if you don't want to miss any of my adventures, please follow me here:




Here are a few more of my favorite photographs so far:

Crescent moon over Lake Pueblo

Sun setting over Lake Pueblo

I loved these birds beautiful song... at John Martin Reservoir State Park

John Martin Dam - it was gigantic! 






22 comments:

  1. Great read.
    Have you considered solar or a small inverter generator? They are quiet and can provide you the electricity you want without state park fees (paying for itself)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob! Yes, I've considered both... solar is probably first on my list. Right now I'm just figuring out what kind of camping I like. :)

      Delete
  2. I am in awe, and looking forward to seeing and reading of your adventures ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I was pulling my camper with you! Great and exciting adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and will follow as you are living my dream as well.hoping you experience much adventure, happiness and make infinity new memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Keep following your heart and shining your light!

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed reading about your adventures. Living the dream. Hugs and warmest wishes. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog. I also follow you on Facebook. Thanks for sharing so much. I love all the beauty and simplicity you are experiencing. Enjoy and look forward to reading more. Russtina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support, Russtina! So glad to have you along for the journey!

      Delete
  7. Love your blog; love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here is a generator mount for your home. Keep up the blog great read. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/trailer-tray-a-frame-cargo-carrier/70918&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&scid=scplp70918&sc_intid=70918?utm_campaign=SC_Shopping_High&affiliateid=6313&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgb3OBRDNARIsAOyZbxAKCZxKz5AFGtg4VH_RH1BOFm4LgQR59iyUujkamlJRwziXKtHFbocaAsRfEALw_wcB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, but adds 65# to hitch weight, so be mindful of that. Love the idea, though!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the suggestion! I already have an additional battery mounted on the tongue of my camper... so I'd probably carry a genny in my truck bed if I got one!

      Delete
  9. You are living the life that so many of us dream of.
    Jerry Erbe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jerry... I'm just humbly trying to show what's possible for us all! <3

      Delete
  10. I love this! Enjoy your travels, those of us that can't jump off just yet are soooooo jealous. Lovely photos and keep up the posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your support and encouragement! <3

      Delete
  11. I've been away from any kind of wifi ever since I published this blog post, so I just wanted to say thank you so very much for the love and encouragement!! I tried everything to use my phone to respond to comments, but no luck. I can only write from my laptop... so just know that I am reading all your sweet comments and deeply appreciate them so very much!! Love and hugs to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete